Looking for the best coffee maker for office to get work started in the morning?
I've reviewed the best office coffee machines.
If there was a contest for the heart of every office, a good coffee hub would win by a mile (so much better as a watering hole).
A morning cup of joe is what gets the work started, lifts the spirit of the whole team and keeps everyone functioning in the late afternoon.
I will not work before coffee. I start working when my coffee does.
Learn about the best coffee makers for offices and get yours (or get your boss to get it) to be the office hero.
Let's get productive...
What Office Needs a Coffee Maker?
Every office needs a coffee maker! It’s simple as that.
If you don’t want your employees to be late for work every day and quietly escaping every couple hours to the closest Starbucks, create a coffee spot in your office! Coffee culture is at its top now, so why miss the opportunities it offers?
Also, I sincerely believe that a good coffee machine, combined with some freshly roasted coffee beans, can lift the spirit of the employees, boost their productivity and creativity.
Starting a new project, discussing ideas and brainstorming is so much better with a hot cup of flavorful coffee.
Your office needs a coffee machine so let's take a moment to discuss how to choose the best coffee maker for your office space.
What Types of Office Coffee Makers Can You Buy?
It’s common knowledge that offices run on coffee. Even if you think many people in your company prefer tea, wait and see what happens when you get a powerful coffee machine and some good coffee for it. When searching for a coffee maker that fits for an office, you need a commercial-grade machine that can handle continuous operation and high workload at different settings.
Check out one following types of coffee makers for your office...
Automatic office coffee machines
They are most practical for an office environment because they do everything on their own, from grinding the beans to frothing your milk.
Bean-to-cup office coffee machines
They are practically robot baristas in your office. Such machines can make practically any coffee drink quickly without compromising its quality and taste.
Manual office coffee machines
They are good for a large office where tastes differ. Manual machines usually have precise settings to tailor drinks to individual preferences.
Pump office coffee machines
They are good for small offices where true espresso snobs work. You will need to wait a bit for every cup, but the taste will make it worth the wait.
Pod office coffee machines
They are the best fit for small offices with limited space. Making a drink and cleaning such a machine is very easy. However, coffee pods are too expensive for a large office.
Filter office coffee machines
They are a good choice for small offices where employees enjoy American-style black coffee. Such a coffee maker can get you a portion of coffee at the exact time you need it.
There is no perfect fit for all coffee machine, but there is for sure a perfect coffee maker for your office. In case you need more reasons (or talknig points for your boss) to get an quality office coffee machine, watch this video:
How To Choose An Office Coffee Maker?
If you search for coffee makers online, you will most likely be overwhelmed by the number of them.
It's easy to lose sight of what's important: Great coffee.
That's why I prepared a list of points that will help you know what to look for in a coffee maker for your office.
Estimate the load
How many employees are there in your office? How many people are likely to need coffee at the same time? Is your office growing? It's always a good idea to think long-term when buying a coffee machine. If you have a choice between a less powerful and a more powerful item, try to go for the latter. You will do yourself and your team a big favor getting a machine that copes with the load well.
Check the maintenance info
A coffee machine that needs to be cleaned every hundred cups is a nightmare of every big office. Believe me, no one wants to wait twenty minutes to get their morning fix. Also, check if the maintenance is easy. You don't want your top professionals to spend an hour exchanging containers and flushing them instead of doing what you hired them for. In any case, consider who will clean and maintain the machine when you get it.
Check drink quality
Some fancy-looking coffee machines make coffee that no one would dare to swallow, I swear it. To avoid buying an expensive item that is no better than a street coffee, ask your local coffee snobs what they think of coffee a particular machine makes. Learn what type of coffee machine works best with.
Go for variety.
Tastes differ. You can get the best pod coffee machine possible, but a part of your employees will still be unhappy with it and leave to get their morning fix elsewhere. For this reason, it's always a better option to choose a multifunctional machine that can make different drinks and work with different types of coffee.
Set a budget.
When it comes to office supplies, there is always a fixed price range you cannot escape. However, saving money on a coffee maker is not the best idea. Getting a bad coffee maker that cannot cope with the load is a waste of money. A high-quality commercial-grade coffee machine is usually worth the money as it lasts for many years and makes everyone less grumpy in the mornings.
Think about the environment. Before purchasing any equipment, consider its impact on the environment. You can check more info on how green modern coffee makers are here.
Here are my top 5 picks for office coffee makers:
Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker is a good choice for a small office where tastes differ. This programmable coffee maker can tailor the drink strength to your preferences. It is also quite flexible: you can use it with ground coffee and single-serve packs. You can schedule it to start brewing at a certain time. Thanks to the auto shutoff feature that shuts the machine down after two hours of keep warm cycle.
- Full pot and single serve features
- Two easy to fill water reservoirs with water windows to see the level
- Customizable brew strength
- Auto shutoff safety feature
- Compatible with ground coffee and single-serve packs
- Easy cleaning
- Cup rest with K-cup pod holder storage area
- Pot warmer turns off when you select the single brew option.
- K-cup side of the machine is NOT programmable
- You can only select one brewing option at a time (single serve or coffee pot).
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Thermal Coffeemaker is a 12-cup smart machine that boasts of the latest coffee technology. This stainless steel machine brews hotter coffee and it lets you choose the strength of your drink. This maker lets you set brewing time for any moment in the next 24 hours, which is very helpful in the office environment.
- Brewing strength options that do not compromise the drink taste
- Brewing time setup
- Intuitive backlit LCD controls with indicator light signals
- Can brew water hot enough for tea
- Solid thermal carafe comfortable to pour with
- You can sneak a cup in the middle of the brewing process.
- Keeps coffee warm for about four hours
- Possible to turn off sound alerts
- Plastic smell in several first pots
- Water reservoir refill is not comfortable
- Produces steam while heating water, so you can’t put it under a cabinet
Klarstein BellaVita Coffee Machine is a versatile coffee maker that can satisfy the cravings of every member of your office. Whether you like espresso, latte or cappuccino, BellaVita can do it all. This hard-working machine has 20-bar pressure to deliver the full taste and aroma of your coffee. A 1.4l water tank and a 0.4l milk container won't keep your team refilling and waiting in line for their morning coffee fix.
- High-capacity water reservoir and milk container
- Easy one-touch controls
- Simple one-button controlled self-cleaning cycles
- Built-in milk frother
- Customizable drink volume and strength
- Quick heating
- You can switch between coffee and steam quickly
- Not compatible with pods
- Noisy operation
- No temperature control
- Short steam wand
DeLonghi Magnifica is a super-automatic coffee maker with a patented "Cappucino System" that makes reach and creamy froth even the pickiest coffee snobs will enjoy. This machine has easy-to-use rotary button controls. It is easy to operate, clean and maintain. My favorite thing about it is its beans-to-cup system that ensures top drink flavor and taste in every cup.
- Rich, creamy froth ensured by the patented "Cappuccino System"
- Easy to use intuitive controls
- Enough for all: spacious 8.8 ounces bean container, 60 oz water container
- Speedy heating with 2 thermoblocks (about 75 seconds)
- Customizable drink size and strength
- Makes delicious and flavorful coffee with a long-lasting foam
- Removable water and bean containers
- No temperature control
- No programmable timer
- Coffee not hot enough to add cold milk to it
- Lightweight plastic coffee bean container with sticking out edges
Keurig Office Pro is an advanced K-cup coffee maker with a stylish design and impressive functionality. This coffee machine has a 90 oz. removable pour-over water tank that is enough for 18 cups of coffee per one refill. This machine lets you choose between four brew sizes and has a removable drip tray to fit travel mugs as a bonus.
- Versatile: brews coffee, tea, hot cocoa and iced beverages
- Fully programmable brewer with an interactive touchscreen
- Adjustable temperature, on/off settings
- Three menu languages to choose from (English, Spanish and French)
- Four cup sizes and a removable drip tray
- Compatible with over 500 kinds of K-Cup pods
- To make a 12 oz cup of coffee, you need to brew 6 oz of coffee twice.
- This brewer cannot be plumbed to a water line. To do it, you need to purchase a $180 plumb kit.
- Not compatible with the Keurig OfficePRO Premier Brewing System
My Top Pick: DeLonghi Magnifica
My personal favorite is DeLonghi Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine. This coffee maker is powerful, versatile and highly customizable.
Having purchased a device like this one, you can be sure that everyone in the office will be able to tailor a drink that fits his preferences perfectly.
One of its best features is the direct-to-brew system that delivers all the freshness and aroma of your beans right into your cup.
What’s more, I love that this machine has spacious water and bean container. And the last, but not least - speedy self-cleaning cycles matter a lot in the long run.